Monday 18 March 2013

3rd ever Jew and still not a keeper. DUO lures!

Saturday morning last week marked the only clear patch from both wind and rain for the last 2 or so weeks.  It was also the first time I got to give those magical DUO lures a swim.  I started out as early as I usually do, watching the sunrise as I paddle around flicking some gear.  I started out the morning with dropping a few lures under the motorway bridge in the Mooloola River without a touch.  I changed up between everything I had with me and not even a touch.  I paddled further down the river towards Minyama Island and to the little stretch where I had been lucky a few weeks prior with the trevally.  I snapped on the DUO Spearhead Ryuki 80s and gave it a few swims to determine the action and sink rate etc.  I gave it a real flick for a few times at some pontoons without any luck.  I drifted with the tide back upstream a short distance and flicked into a bridge pylon, after sounding some interesting structure and fish returns I let the DUO sink and gave it a few hops accross the bottom until it was graciously gulped by what I initially thought to be a bream.  After a short battle I called it for a Jew because of the sustained fight but I knew it wouldn't be huge.  Up came this little fella for a few photo's.  Unfortunately my camera let me down yet again so I had to fish out my phone and get snappy with that.  It swam off happily spraying me with a tail flick to say thanks.




Thanks for reading.  Hope your all getting a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment