Friday 24 May 2013

More trevally

Last weekend I got onto another couple of trevally out in my favourite spot.  I launched early in the dark and gave it a short squirt up to my favourite pontoons where I lobbed around some plastics. I got a tail bitten off by something, probably a bream and a few casts later on the same plastic (with no tail) I hooked up a nice bream that put up a great fight.

I paddled around for another hr or 2 flicking my light 2kg STX rod with a 1/8 oz. jig head and got smashed hard by what felt like a big trevally.  I didn't have the grunt on 4lb line and so it took me around a pylon and off she went.  Casting in the same spot I bounced the same weight and colour plastic off the bottom and it got picked up by another Trev which put up some stink on the light gear.  I got him in for a photo and off he went to terrorise some bait fish.  Hopefully with this cooler water coming along there might be some bigger bream, tailor and Jew floating around!

Here's a pic, yep I'm growing my beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment