Monday 15 April 2013

Spot x turns it on again

Good afternoon all.

I have been out fishing a fair few times in the last few weeks but unfortunately my camera is off getting repaired so good pics are hard to come by.  Anyway, I braved the rains and wind on Sarturday morning and ventured out to my secret spot to find some fish.  I chose a different launch spot this time that gave me less distance to travel and a shorter drive.  I slipped the yak into the water at gentleman's hours with a slow 6.30am start.  The sky was still dark from the rain clouds but they were holding off dumping their fury on me just now.  I paddled past the first few pontoons flicking an Atomic Plazos prawn look a like on a fairly weighty jig head as it was a 5m drop and the run in tide was picking up quickly.  I slowly hopped the prawn off the bottom for 15 minutes gliding past the pontoons.  I sighted a pontoon located on the corner of the main chanel and the entrance to some canals and thought that looked like a prime spot to sit and wait if I was a jack.  Surely enough on the first drop the lure was smashed and my rod buckled but 1 second later the lure was spat out.  That's a good start I thought as I loaded up the second cast.  A bit further this time and I was hopping back directly under the pontoon when I could feel nibbles, like something was just having a bash at the lure.  Cast again and more bashing then bang off he went, I could feel the line rubbing on the oysters on the pontoon so I dipped my rod tip way into the drink to create more angle and pulled the sucker out.  After a short fight on 12lb gear this little guy came up to say hello.  I took some photos just as the rain started pelting down and chucked him back as I went to find some shelter under the nearest overhanging deck.



When the rain let up I was back in the same spot looking for more action.  There were another 4-5 big hits but the hooks kept pulling or they only had the tail of the plastic in their mouths so I only wound up with the 1.  Still very happy with that anyway!

On sunday my mate left a note for his wife saying "gone fishing - back at 10" and drove from Brisbane to my place for a 5am start.  He was a bit nervous the whole time as he knew the wife would blast him when he got back.  The sun rose early and the day was completely opposite to the one before without wind or rain.  This was my mates first time out fishing in a yak so I was pretty stocked to show him some spots, give him some plastics and eventually put him onto a fish.  The same pontoon I got the jack from he pulled out a nice little Jewie.  Later after flicking for a few hours he pulled a horse of a bream out from another pontoon.  It was an awesome morning hanging out and fishing with my mate.  Ill leave you with a few pics of the day.







No comments:

Post a Comment